onlyfighters

May 12, 2012

Andrew Tate: ''Sahak never fought with an opponent like me!''


American fighter -currently living in London- Andrew Tate will take part in ‘It’Showtime 56’ this Saturday 21th May. His opponent will be Sahak Parparyan, who will defend his world title in the weight class 85MAX. ΟnlyFighters and our partner Vaios Brouziotis talked to Tate for this upcoming fight such as many other things. 

The answers of Andrew Tate are with bold letters!

Andrew you ‘re gonna fight Sahak Parparyan in ‘It’s Showtime 56’ in Belgium. How is your training going?

I’ve spent this training camp atop Wudan mountain in Lotus position. I throw no kicks and no punches. Simply prepare my mind for war. 

We saw recently a video of you talking about your opponent Sahak. What is truly your opinion for him? In the video you were doing some kind of a show and I was wondering if you wanna make people have a good opinion about you or a bad one.

Fear not the dragon but the hiding tiger! You can not hurt that you can not touch, and you can not block what you can not see. Sahak is very hard to hurt. I am very hard to hit. And this will make for an interesting match. 

Where do you think you are better than him? What we should expect from you in the ring against him?

Sahak has never fought anyone like me before. I have fought many people like him. That is my main advantage! 

If you had him now in front of you, what would you say to him in person?

I wouldn’t say anything. I never speak to my opponent before a fight. There is no room for words in war. 

There is a bet between you and your opponent like 1000 euros for the winner. Did you have this idea for the bet and why?

I did have the idea. The main reason is because I love money. I like expensive cars and clothes and things and I need to get as much of it as I can before I die. 

Oh! That is a very clear answer! Except kickboxing you fought also in mma. You have a good record there, right?

Fighters fight. I don’t believe in styles! 

But for sure you like one more than an other. What is first for you?

I prefer kickboxing. Kickboxing is what I was born to do. My entire style of fighting is suited to stand up fighting. 

Fighting for ‘It’s Showtime’ is something really big and you apparently deserve it. What is your ultimate goal in kickboxing?

I would like to achieve 100million Euros. There is only two things that make me happy. Knocking people out and money. That’s all I want. That’s all I’m aiming for. I’ll destroy anyone who stands in my way. 

Let's suppose you win Sahak, who is a very good opponent as you said and I tottaly agree with that. I ‘m sure as a fighter you think of other possible opponents. Do you want to tell me some other fighters you want to fight with in the next period?

I’ d like to fight Batman. Because I think I could beat him and I want his Cape. Or Hong Man Choi to see if I could kick him in the head!

(laughs)

Ok. I see your point. You don't want to give me names.

It’s not that. It’s that I don’t care. I’m ready for anybody at 85kilo. Anyone. Everyone is human, everyone bleeds. Sahak is one of the best at this weight, after I beat him I can’t think of anyone better. But anyone who wants to face my ultimate power is welcome to an ass wooping! 

Let me put you now in a dilemma position and I think this is propably the hardest question in this interview for you.

Lets go! 

You love money, you said it as clear as possible to me. I don't know how much money you will take from the promotion for that fight against Sahak but if I come and tell you, listen: I will give you 100.000 Εuros more than the money you will get from that fight, if you just let yourself lose against Sahak. What would you do?

That is a very good question. I would beat sahak. Then rob you! 

(laughs)

Through this interview it will be the first time that Greek people of fighting sports will get to know you better. Would you like to tell me some things about you like when did you start fighting, where are you from and how old are you?

I started fighting properly when I was 17. Before that I taught myself at home from watching movies. I’d watch and copy the moves from cartoons. I was born in washington DC. USA. I’m American but live in London. I am 25 years old. 


Did you ever come in Greece? Do you know any Greek fighter? I suppose you know Mike Zambidis.

I’ve never been to Greece but Ι would love to visit. I do know Mike, I love his style! 

Αt last I want you to tell me about people who help you to do your everyday work and be a top class fighter.

Every amazing fighter need a good team around them. Team King Cobra - My brother Tristan, my father Emory and my trainer Amir Subasic. It’s been this way from the beggining, my teams never changed, and it never will. 

The team of OnlyFighters and Vaios Brouziotis especially wanna thank Andrew Tate for this interview and we wish him good luck for his fight against Sahak Parparyan! 

Watch the official trailer of ''It's Showtime 56''!